Stephen K. Henn
Chief Revenue Officer
STEPHEN HENN, Chief Revenue Officer of EXTEND Resources, is a senior executive with 30 years of sales, financial, operational, and general management experience in a wide range of industries.
During his early career, Steve worked in corporate finance for several large financial institutions and private equity firms, serving as a turnaround chief financial officer for portfolio companies in distress. During the dot-com boom, Steve was a chief financial officer of several technology companies and led successful exits through sale and IPO.
In 2013, Steve started to focus on artificial intelligence, cognitive analytics, and the use of advanced technologies in the analysis and management of risk. Since then, he has pioneered the use of AI and data analytic solutions in data privacy, governance, and contracts for functions as diverse as information security, data governance (privacy), mergers and acquisitions, legal operations, and human resources. Steve has addressed a wide variety of industries, including healthcare, banking, insurance, telecommunications and media, airlines, and logistics. Some of the applications Steve has led over the past seven years include:
- applying technology to detect exposure of PII and other corporate data sources to breach;
- reducing time and population requirements for clinical trials for drug and device testing;
- detecting fraud in workers compensation claims;
- developing “intelligent screens” for detecting specific items in eDiscovery and managed review;
- using AI for digital due diligence for M&A and divestitures;
- integrating disparate data systems for an integrated view of key business systems for telecommunications and airlines;
- systems designed to detect employee harassment and other code of conduct violations; and
- screens for AML and KYC programs, among other projects.
Steve serves as a panel reviewer for the National Science Foundation’s SBIR/STTR programs for the Engineering Directorate’s Industrial Innovations and Partnerships program. This review focuses on artificial intelligence and data analytics in technology applications.
Steve is also a recognized expert in business ethics and the author of Business Ethics: A Case Study Approach. He has spoken in the US and abroad on topics such as ethics and professionalism, law and technology, artificial intelligence and cognitive analytics, and business management and growth.
Steve earned a BA in economics from the University of Chicago and a JD from the University of Connecticut. Steve has completed Sales Leadership training from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University.