Howard S. Hoffmann
Chief Executive Officer
HOWARD S. HOFFMANN, Chief Executive Officer of EXTEND Resources, is a senior executive with 40 years of financial, operational, and general management experience. Over more than 35 years in the financial services industry and corporate turnaround space, Howard gained extensive experience in financial and operational restructurings and acquisition integration, creditor and government negotiations, litigation management (single plaintiff, class action, and government), tax law, leasing, trade financing, cash management and control, inventory management, accounting, production, distribution, IT, product and brand management, developing and implementing growth strategies, and fostering high performing cultures, both domestically and internationally.
In 2013, Howard shifted his focus from corporate turnaround work to developing businesses that use disciplined processes, technology enablement, data capture and analytics, information security strategies, and multi-disciplinary leadership to help clients solve business challenges and leverage new opportunities. Some of the initiatives Howard has led over the past eight years include:
- Helping design and develop Hickey Smith Dodd, a technology-enabled, process-driven, data-centric, and information security-focused law firm dedicated to delivering more value to clients;
- Launching EXTEND Resources to help organizations achieve information security and data privacy goals, optimize corporate legal operations, and improve business processes;
- Developing an information security and privacy services portfolio that strategically supports clients’ needs to create comprehensive, effective programs that demonstrate compliance;
- Establishing mutually beneficial partnerships with top services and technology companies, including Conduent and Wolters Kluwer;
- Developing an automated legal bill review process for a Fortune 50 technology company client;
- Developing an advanced Legal Optimization Maturity model designed to help corporate legal departments drive operational efficiency, sustain a culture of compliance, and mitigate risk.
- Leading multiple companies to achieve multi-year ISO 27001 information security certifications;
- Achieving CMMC Registered Provider Organization status to demonstrate expertise in helping contractors and subcontractors meet Department of Defense cybersecurity requirements.
Howard has served on boards of both public and privately-held companies. His industry experience includes healthcare, transportation, logistics, business process outsourcing, computer hardware and software products and services, wireless communications, network infrastructure products and services, financial services, retail, consumer products, fresh and processed meats, apparel, wholesale beverages, and steel.
Howard earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics and economics from the University of California at Santa Barbara and an MBA from the Wharton Graduate Division of the University of Pennsylvania.