With the variety of payment methodologies and quality initiatives hospitals must manage today, inpatient coding involves many complex compliance requirements that can affect reimbursement – including physician penalties and incentives.
EXTEND’s skilled clinical coders help hospitals and inpatient facilities – and the vendors who serve them – meet coding and financial performance challenges related to coding volume fluctuations and quality, turnaround times, and staffing.
Global Remote Coding: High Quality. Flexible. Cost Effective
Clients look to EXTEND’s global remote coding team to help them reduce costs, speed turnaround time, eliminate operational stress. As a flexible resource and extension of an organization’s existing team that works overnight hours, we can help:
- Reduce staffing burdens, coder shortage issues, and coding costs
- Improve responsiveness and productivity, reducing DNFB
- Enhance efficiency during volume fluctuations caused by peak down time, unexpected vacancies, and high service periods
- Decrease overhead and hardware costs
Deep Knowledge of Inpatient DRGs, MCCs, and CCs
In addition to familiarity with DRGs, MCCs, and CCs, EXTEND’s coding team possess expert knowledge of supplementary inpatient coding guidelines, from present on admission (POA) indicators and hospital acquired conditions (HAC) to discharge dispositions.
EXTEND’s skilled coding specialists receive ongoing education by AHIMA-approved trainers, remain up to date on the latest coding requirements, and meet accuracy and performance requirements based on continual audits.
Accurate Coding. Enhanced Revenue Cycle.
Responsive service for a variety of inpatient and facility care settings.
- POA assignment
- Discharge disposition assignment
- Psych/Rehab/Long-term care
- Outpatient surgery
- Emergency/observation services
- Facility E/M level
- Outpatient ancillary coding