Associate General Counsel
MICHELLE JACOBI, Associate General Counsel, brings more than fourteen years of experience to EXTEND Resources as a corporate healthcare, transactional, and compliance attorney. Michelle provides extensive expertise in advising public and private companies in employment law, operations, regulatory requirements, compliance requirements, and large transactions.
Before joining EXTEND Resources, Michelle served as Associate General Counsel for Change Healthcare, a leading revenue cycle and payment management company. There she worked cross-functionally counseling senior management team members on various business matters including business disputes, business strategy and alliances, product development, management and handling of PHI, client communications, human resources and employee matters, and risk allocation.
In addition to her business law and operations work, Michelle has also provided counsel on state and federal compliance & regulatory matters, including fraud and abuse, anti-kickback implications, data usage and licensing, consumer protection laws, conflicts of interest, licensure, and Medicare/Medicare/Qualified Health Plan requirements. Throughout her career, she has been instrumental in developing and managing comprehensive corporate and regulatory compliance programs and has served as a member of corporate compliance and privacy committees. Michelle has successfully managed commercial and governmental audits, handled corporate compliance attestations and certifications, and drafted and maintained policies and procedures for the general operation of the corporate compliance program and all related activities. She has also worked closely with chief procurement officers on legal and compliance matters pertaining to government contracts, maintained corporate compliance hotlines, and reviewed and investigated reported compliance issues.
Through Michelle’s accomplishments in a wide range of corporate legal matters and initiatives, she has cultivated a deep understanding of legal operations best practices and improvement strategies that help clients establish and maintain efficient processes and successfully manage productivity, costs, and risk.
Michelle’s experience includes:
- Leading transactional and business operations attorney supporting large sales, professional services, and commercial business units with $2B+ in annual revenue
- Significant involvement with two large, complex corporate restructuring proiects and the subsequent sale of company assets, including corporate filings with the various states, notification and permission letters to clients, document production, and purchase agreement negotiations
- Hands on experience providing legal support with complex mergers and acquisitions
- Renegotiated key relationships with clients, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and meeting aggressive deadlines, each valuing over $100m in annual revenue
- Drafting, structuring, and negotiating large business deals, strategic partnerships, corporate compliance attestations and certifications, third-party vendor relationships, and government contracts
- Supporting over 35 products including data-based products; SAAS; payments; print; clearinghouse; audit and recovery; fraud, waste, and abuse; consumer engagement and transparency; and consulting services
Michelle graduated from Brigham Young University with Bachelor of Science degrees in Political Science and Social Work. She received a J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in addition to a Health Law Certificate.
1127 High Ridge Road
Stamford, CT 06905
JD, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2005
Bachelor of Science, Political Science, Brigham Young University, 2001
Bachelor of Science, Social Work, Brigham Young University, 2001