Katie M. Allen
Vice President, Marketing
KATIE ALLEN, Vice President of Marketing at EXTEND Resources, has more than 20 years of marketing and communications leadership experience across a broad range of disciplines including branding, content marketing, public relations, events and exhibits, and corporate communications. Her experience includes a variety of industries including healthcare information technology and services, business process outsourcing, banking, and hospitality.
Katie is a results-oriented leader who develops marketing and communication strategies that enable hi-tech and service oriented companies to meet their communication objectives and support their business development goals. Her expertise in designing, planning and managing targeted, integrated, lead generation campaigns helps fuel sales pipelines and enhance growth. Katie also has a proven track record in developing and executing in-depth communication plans for a wide variety of complex audiences, situations, and environments that inform and engage employees, clients, and prospects.
Serving as Director of Marketing for Surgical Information Systems (SIS), a leader in perioperative information systems for hospitals and surgery centers, Katie led the marketing, public relations, branding, and communications efforts for the company and its subsidiary, AmkaiSolutions. She established a brand- and marketing-centric organization, developing a cohesive team that drove company and product brand awareness, enhanced marketplace thought leadership, and supported record sales growth.
Serving as the Assistant Director of Marketing for M*Modal (formerly MedQuist, Inc.), a provider of clinical documentation and medical transcription software and services, Katie managed corporate-wide marketing and communication strategy, planning and development. She collaborated with executive stakeholders, leading a global rebranding project combining four legacy companies under one umbrella that culminated with a NASDAQ launch.
Katie’s other experience included:
- Leading change management planning for a series of mergers and acquisitions, including the successful acquisition of the company’s largest competitor out of bankruptcy, a merger with an off-shore competitor, and a merger with a technology partner. Her skills in developing and managing comprehensive communication strategy helped to improve employee engagement and enhance client loyalty.
- Planning and managing a $2.5M marketing budget, including designing core lead generation campaigns for four target segments and solutions.
- Establishing branding standards that resulted in cohesive design style across all company assets and creating value proposition messaging frameworks that fostered consistent communication across all levels of the organization.
- Linking marketing campaigns to sales team activity to improve results tracking, boost lead follow up and conversion, and quickly build the sales pipeline, which introduced over $7 million in new opportunities during the six-week program.
- Developing and executing online, event-based recognition programs to improve engagement among 5000+ home-based employees and boost corporate reputation among targeted recruiting candidates.
Katie attended Northern Illinois University with a focus on business management and marketing.