Barbara Adams Cwynar
Senior Client Manager – Information Security
A true client advocate, Barbara demonstrates a passion for helping organizations construct a foundation for higher quality, enhanced risk management, and improved performance from the inception of an engagement to the completion. Drawing on more than two decades of business development and client services experience in the information security arena, Barbara quickly understands an organization’s data security and processing goals, risks, and needs, and brings together the best team and strategy to achieve optimal results.
Before joining EXTEND Resources, Barbara served as Director of Business Development for SRI Quality System Registrar, a leading registrar for a full range of standards. During her tenure at SRI, she was responsible for facilitating the firm’s growth into new markets across the globe, in a broad range of industries including healthcare, chemical, metals manufacturing, steel, and automotive, as well as a myriad of Fortune 500 companies. Additionally, Barbara was an integral part of the development of the SRI expansion of ISO standards and value-added offerings for clients worldwide.
Barbara has a remarkable depth of knowledge of international standards and frameworks such ISO 27001, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, IATF 16949, AS9100, ISO 20000, and ISO 22000. This knowledge, coupled with Barbara’s commitment to providing exceptional service, has led to her many successful client engagements delivering comprehensive solutions to help organizations make better decisions, reduce costs, and boost performance.
Barbara’s experience includes:
- Interfaced with clients to successfully analyzed complex quality and security risks and needs; delivered holistic, cost-effective solutions resulting in beneficial, long-term partnerships.
- Created strategies for organizations that resulted in successful implementation of top international standards and frameworks such as ISO 27001, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 20000, ISO 22000, IATF 16949, and AS9100.
- Led the sales effort on all fronts for multiple industries, managing initiatives and cultivating long-term business partnerships while developing a successful pipeline that created opportunities on a global scale.
- Constructed solutions for multiple organizations that surpassed initial client requirements while staying within the clients’ budget, leading to the implementation of quality management systems and foundational quality control for the clients.
- Originated a business development program for a large, global organization, and managed business operations and sales strategies for multiple regions, successfully exceeding company objectives.