EXTEND Resources is a global legal and business solutions provider with robust capabilities in contract management, cybersecurity, eDiscovery and other managed information processing services. Due to its rapid expansion, EXTEND is seeking an Accounting and Financial Analyst in the Basking Ridge, NJ area.
Position Description: The Accounting and Financial Analyst will provide support for financial planning, analysis and establishing projections for Extend and our clients. This position will prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial activities within an organization.
Primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain bank accounts for client retainers and manage funds, apply invoices and payments, generate invoices, pay bills. Create sub accounts as needed and update Quickbooks.
- Follow procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Pay company and firm utilities, rent, etc. processing both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Determines the cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial and legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Track expenses and revenues vs. budget and re-forecast and analyze fluctuations.
- Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial models as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Advanced proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel) and in using web-based applications.
- Minimum of three years experience in reporting, consolidation, and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance, and information analysis.
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow-through skills.
- Ability to understand, create, and enter journal entries along with general bookkeeping duties.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all assignments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate over the phone.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills to ensure an outstanding end-to-end client experience.
- Good decision-making skills and the ability to function well under stress while working in a fast-paced environment.
Reports to: Managing Director – Finance
To apply, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.